- 1 pound asparagus
- 2½ tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 2 teaspoons each of seal salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons each of chives, parsley, and thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, using wedges for garnish
- 6 oz. herb goat cheese (this can be bought with herbs already added, or you can purchase a plain log of goat cheese and mix in your own fresh herbs)
Preheat oven to 450˚. Rinse and trim asparagus (see tips, below). Make dressing by mixing oil, salt, pepper, herbs, garlic, and 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest together in a large bowl. Add asparagus and gently toss until well coated.
Arrange asparagus in single layer on parchment paper on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on center rack on high broil. Slide baking sheet out and place dollops of goat cheese on veggies, then broil for 1-2 additional minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle lemon zest over veggies, and enjoy!
Tips for tasty, tender asparagus ends
- Keep spears bunched together and slice once on an angle 2 inches up the woody stock.
- Use your hands in the dressing bowl to really coat the ends, bottoms too.
- Rotate baking sheet halfway through cooking.