- 6 cups mixed fresh greens (baby arugula, spinach, mustard greens, parsley, kohlrabi, young dandelion leaves, watercress)
- Handful of mint and basil, cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 2 lemons, plus the zest
- 1 bunch of tender asparagus tips
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Handful of pine or pistachio nuts, lightly toasted
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Toast nuts in a preheated pan for 1 minute. Set aside.
Squeeze lemons into a small bowl and thinly sliver or zest the rind into the juice. Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, mint, and basil. Blanch asparagus tips for 1 minute and dip in a bowl of ice water to retain color. Set aside.
Wash mixed greens and spin (or lightly pat with a towel) to dry. Gently toss together in a large salad bowl. Add asparagus tips, peas, and sliced strawberries. Drizzle dressing on top and lightly toss. Sprinkle nuts on top and serve. Best enjoyed with a tall glass of cool, mint-infused water.