- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped 1/3 cup salted and roasted almonds, coarsely chopped, preferably Marcona
- 2 cups firmly packed arugula leaves, thick stems removed
- 1/4 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Process the garlic and almonds in a food processor until minced. Add the arugula, basil, oils, lemon zest, and juice and continue to process until the desired texture is achieved, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon the pesto into a bowl and fold in the cheese.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle truffle oil over the top and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups