- Grill the sliced bread. Rub garlic cloves onto bread and finish with drizzled olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add chopped bacon. Once the bacon is cooked, remove and set aside. Do not discard bacon fat that remains in the pan.
- Add shallots, garlic, and ginger to pan and saute for about 30 seconds at high heat, then add clams and beer. Cover for about 4 minutes. check the clams and make sure all are open; any that are still closed should be discarded.
- Remove clams from the pan to a bowl.
- Add butter to the remaining sauce in the pan. Stir until butter is fully emulsified.
- Pour the sauce over the clams. Sprinkle bacon, parsley, and tarragon over the clams and garnish with toast.
For more details and to experience a bit of the brewery, be sure to check out our visit to Black Hog in the first episode of Edible Nutmeg on the Road!
Black Hog Brewery: 115 Hurley Rd., Building 9A, Oxford; 203-262-6075