- Prepare barbecue with one side on high heat and the other side on low heat.
- Add dressing ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Thoroughly combine.
- Toss raw vegetables in the dressing. Do NOT toss lemons in dressing.
- Place vegetables on higher heat side of grill and cover.
- Cut bison steaks into several large pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together remaining rosemary, garlic, salt, and oil. Use mixture to liberally coat bison meat. Do NOT add pepper; it can burn.
- Place coated bison on grill and cook to desired completion. Turn at least once and move pieces to ensure even cooking. Keep an eye on the vegetables, turning to prevent burning.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to rest, then roughly chop all on a large cutting board.
- Remove bison from grill and season with a little more salt and pepper. Allow to rest for at least 5-8 minutes.
- Slice and arrange bison on the same board as the vegetables. Finish with juice from grilled lemons, olive oil, a little salt, and a sprinkle of chopped rosemary
Related Stories & Recipes
Chef Plum and the Edible Nutmeg on the Road team are joined by Chef Adam Bedini as they head out to the countryside for this visit to Peter Fay and Mohawk Bison in Goshen, CT. Tour the farm with Plum ...