- 5 cups baby arugula
- 2 large pita bread loaves
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 cups red bell pepper, cut into small pieces (for a twist, substitute pickled sweet peppers!)
- 12 dolmades (grape leaves filled with rice; these can often be found in a grocery store's international aisle)
- 8-12 slices Greek feta cheese
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 whole shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
Set aside ¼ cup of olive oil for the pita bread. Place all remaining dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until fully emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Brush pita bread loaves with olive oil and toast them on a grill. (This can also be done in an oven or toaster oven.) Cut each toasted loaf in half and then into wedges. You should be able to get 8 wedges from each loaf.
Toss arugula with ⅓ of the salad dressing. Arrange salad ingredients, including pita bread, on plates as desired. Remaining dressing can be drizzled over the arranged salad.