- Scrub the clams under cold running water. Drain and dry the clams.
- Slice the sausage links lengthwise into 3 pieces and then slice across the sausage pieces into strips about 1/2-inch wide.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and, when hot, add the olive oil. Add the chorizo slices and sear for about 3 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the clams, wine, and thyme, shake the pan carefully, and cover with a lid, aluminum foil, or a plate and cook for 7–8 minutes, or until all the clams have opened. (Discard any that do not open.) Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the clams from the pan and divide evenly among 4 shallow serving bowls or put in one large bowl.
- Turn the heat to high and cook the sauce for 4–5 minutes, or until slightly reduced and thickened. Pour the sauce and sausage slices over the clams and serve.