National Eat Outside Day - Sponsored by the Community Culinary School of Northwestern Connecticut
Celebrate National Eat Outside Day on Thursday, Aug. 31 with the Community Culinary School. Enjoy a bagged lunch on the Village Green or take it to-go from noon to 1 p.m. Lunch is prepared by the Community Culinary School students, under the direction of Chef Instructor, Justin Elander. All diners are encouraged to bring their own blanket or chair for a picnic on the Green.
Other activities at the al-fresco celebration include:
- Acclaimed local author Nan Rossiter will be signing copies of her latest novel, Summer Dance.
- Kaitlin Clark of Integrative Healing Arts will also provide Reiki sessions for interested participants.
- Giveaways and music will be provided by the i95 (95.1 FM) road crew.
All proceeds will support the Community Culinary School’s job training and placement programs.
New this year – You many now make a donation to the Community Fund. By contributing $15 to this fund, you will be providing a meal to an individual in need in our community. Click here to donate to the Fund.
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Bacon, Swiss, Lettuce & Tomato
- Roast Beef Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Baby Greens & Horseradish Cream
- Banh Mi – Vietnamese style sandwich with Roasted Eggplant and Pickled Vegetables on Baguette (vegetarian & vegan)
*Lunch is $15 and orders must be placed online prior to the event. All sandwiches include a water bottle, an apple, potato chips, and a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie*
Date: August 31, 2017 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Location: New Milford Green | 4 Main St., New Milford, CT 06776
Event website: communityculinaryschool.org