Honey 101: Introduction to Honey Tasting
This course is for intended for beekeepers, culinary professionals, mead makers, brewers, chefs, bakers and anyone working with HONEY. We will cover general sensory principals, and how to apply them to taste and evaluate honey at a professional level. This essential two day training course is a hands on full-immersion into the world of the training methods used by the Italian Register of Experts in the Sensory Analysis of Honey.
* Learn the methods used by sommeliers to taste and evaluate honey.
* Taste and learn how to ID 15 mono-floral honey and their floral sources.
* Enrich your vocabulary of descriptors for evaluating honey.
* Write tasting notes using the honey aroma and flavor wheel.
* Understand honey composition and properties, crystallization and defects.
* Learn essential best practices for handling and storage of honey.
* Certificate of completion awarded to each student at the end of course
* Returning students are welcome to refresh their knowledge!
* Bring your own or honey samples for us to taste and discuss in class.
Seats are limited for each course travel and accommodations are not included.
All class materials will be provided for each registered student including a light lunch both days. Information about travel and accommodations on the AHTS web site
Members Italian Register of Experts in the Sensory Analysis of Honey
Date: October 28-29, 2017 9:30 AM-5:00 PM
Location: American Honey Tasting Society | Weston, CT
Admission: COST: $595.00 per person EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT: $545.00* per person, payment received on or before SEPTEMBER 15, 2017 * At checkout use coupon code EARLYBIRD2
Event website: americanhoneytastingsociety.com