Farm Pollinator Dinner & Soirée
Sugar & Olives supports CT NOFA's mission to ensure the growth and viability of organic agriculture, organic food, and organic land care in Connecticut.
Executive Chef and Sugar & Olives Owner Jennifer Balin believes that together, businesses and communities can improve our food system. To that end, we would like to invite you to join us on Saturday, June 2 at Sugar & Olives in Norwalk for an exclusive dinner party hosted by Chef Balin.
We will feast and celebrate bees, butterflies, and all the local organic farmers who provide pollinators good habitat and in by doing so, gives us all a bit of hope for the future. Dinner will be followed by a "Pollinator Party" with dancing into the late evening.
Sugar & Olives seeks to educate diners and cultivate the relationship between farms and families. Our summer dinner with Chef Balin will feature a wonderful selection of local, organically-grown produce harvested to achieve maximum nutritional value.
Ingredients for the Farm Pollinator Dinner will come from these and possibly a few other fine local farms. Come enjoy their fresh offerings on June 2 at Sugar & Olives in Norwalk!
- The Hickories
- Gilbertie's Herb Gardens
- Fort Hill Farm
- Sport Hill Farm
- Stone Gardens
- Millstone Farm
- Sepe Farm
Passed In The Beginning
- Whipped ricotta on chocolate bread with honey and radish
- Beef cheek tostadas with sriracha slaw and Noe's special sauce
- Radishes with bacon butter and bee pollen
- Rosemary flatbread with smoked bluefish pate
Followed by your Choice of Entree
- Lamb, Fish, Vegetable
Dishes Served Family-Style
- Purple cauliflower fritters with green goddess dressing (watercress from steizel family farm, tarragon and chives from gilberties)
- Kale ribbons with honey, sriracha and mint
- Hickory smoked beets, pimento goat cheese, toasted pistachios, rhubarb ginger vinaigrette
And For Dessert
- Rhubarb slab pie with honey mascarpone ice cream
- Vegan matcha green ice cream cones
WON'T YOU JOIN US?
All Funds Raised Will Support CT NOFA's New Cover Crop & Farm Pollinator Habitat Initiative Planned For 2018-2020. Come learn about our plans on June 2nd.
Seating Limited. Tables available.
Date: June 02, 2018 6:30 PM-9:00 PM
Location: Sugar and Olives | 21 1/2 Lois St., Norwalk, CT 06851 | 203-613-8813
Tickets: $150 pp (includes beverages, tax, tip, and donation)
Questions or special menu requests? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To reserve tickets by phone, call 7 days a week: (203) 613-8813.
Event website: ctnofa.z2systems.com